OFW Filipino Heroes

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Philippines to open Naval bases for China's Communist PLA Navy, as America - says defence chief

A Chinese warship. (AFP/File/Torsten Blackwood) Manila would not rule out allowing Chinese naval ships to call on the country's bases, including a planned defence installation at the former US naval facility in Subic, the Philippines' military chief told the South China Morning Post yesterday.   Subic, once a...

Thursday, August 29, 2013

China asks Philippines' Aquino to call off visit in apparent snub "You are not invited"

Philippine President Benigno Aquino makes a speech before the lunch ceremony, during the World Economic Forum (WEF) at the Myanmar International Convention Centre at Naypyitaw June 7, 2013. Credit: Reuters/Soe Zeya Tun


(Reuters) - China has asked Philippine President Benigno Aquino to call off a visit next week for the opening of a trade fair, Manila said on Thursday, in an apparent snub, but Beijing insisted it had never invited him in the first place.

 

Relations between the two countries have been soured by a bitter territorial dispute in the South China Sea.

 

Claims by an increasingly powerful China over most of the sea have set it directly against U.S. allies Vietnam and the Philippines. Brunei, Taiwan and Malaysia also claim parts of the waters and China has a separate dispute with Japan in the East China Sea.

 

Manila has filed an arbitration case before the U.N. International Tribunal on the Law of the Sea, questioning Beijing's claim as China deploys ships on two disputed shoals in the area.

 

"The president has decided not to proceed to the China-ASEAN Expo taking into consideration China's request for the president to visit China at a more conducive time," Philippine Foreign Ministry spokesman Raul Hernandez said in a text message.

 

"On the part of the Philippines, we will continue to abide by our principled position that bilateral relations can advance despite differences."

 

China's Foreign Ministry, in a statement given to Reuters, said Aquino had not been invited.

 

"China never extended an invitation to the Philippine president," it said, without elaborating.

 

The expo is an annual trade fair joining China and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), of which the Philippines is a member.

 

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi appeared to take a swipe at the Philippines when he spoke to reporters after a meeting with Southeast Asian foreign ministers in Beijing earlier in the day.

 

"As for the dispute of the Spratly Islands, they are not an issue between China and ASEAN," Wang said. "We do not believe that one individual opinion should replace the common position of all ASEAN countries, nor do we think that one individual (opinion) should compromise the overall interests of the two sides by pursuing their own selfish interests."

 

Hernandez told reporters China's request was conveyed to the Philippine government on Wednesday night, hours after Aquino announced his plan to make a 12-hour visit to Nanning on September 3 for the expo.

 

Trade Secretary Gregory Domingo will represent the president in the September 3-6 event, where the Philippines is this year's "country of honor", Hernandez added.

 

(Reporting By Manuel Mogato in MANILA and Ben Blanchard in BEIJING; Editing by Nick Macfie - Reuters)

Philippine will implement E-Court System in Major Cities – Supreme Court Chief Justice said

Supreme Court Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno revealed yesterday, during her first "Meet the Press" session, that the Supreme Court will be relying heavily on technology to accomplish major reforms in the justice system.   She commented that more than half of litigation time...

Philippines posts 7.5 per cent growth in second quarter of 2013 in spite of Challenges encountered

The Philippine economy is now expanding faster than any other in Southeast Asia, while the second-quarter results are in line with growth in regional powerhouse China. In spite of several challenges encountered by the country during the second quarter of 2013, GDP still managed to grow and settled...

Philippine second quarter GDP matches China; on course to beat full-year goal-Reuters

A customer pushes a trolley as she shops at a grocery store in Manila's Makati financial district November 29, 2012. Credit: Reuters/Romeo Ranoco (Reuters) - The Philippine economy posted robust expansion in the second quarter, matching the pace of China as the two fastest growing in Asia, as strong...

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Q2 Philippine Economic growth of 2013 beats forecast as it defies trend in par with Asian powerhouse

Like other regional markets Philippine stock market has seen high volatility in recent days The Philippines has posted better-than-forecast economic growth, fuelled by its services sector and higher consumer and government spending.   Its economy grew 7.5% in the April to June quarter, from a year earlier.  ...

China's Contractor dominates the bidding for Agus 6 Hydro power plant upgrade in Iligan City, Mindanao

Seven investor groups will bid for a project that seeks to increase the power generating capacity of Units 1 and 2 of the Agus 6 hydroelectric power plant, the Power Sector Assets and Liabilities Management (PSALM) Corp. said.   7 Firms purchased the bidding document for submission September...

Janet Napoles "Pork Barrel Fund Mess Queen" Surrendered to President Aquino: Philippines

Alleged fugitive Janet Lim-Napoles surrendered to Philippine's President Benigno Aquino III on August 28, shortly after he had announced a reward of 10 million Philippine pesos, or $223,940 US dollars for any information leading to her arrest.

 

Napoles was wanted on charges of "serious illegal detention arising from the alleged kidnapping of Benhur Luy," according to the Philippine government.

 

She surrendered at 9:37 p.m. +GMT +8 (August 28, 2013)

 

Napoles is a businesswoman who is accused of working with several elected officials in embezzling billions of Philippine pesos for their own gain.

 

Luy, Napoles' aide and cousin, was one of the former staff members of Napoles who blew the whistle the scheme, which included the alleged conversion of 10 billion Philippine pesos from the Priority Development Assistance Fund and the Malampaya Fund into kickbacks for Napoles and her company using dummy foundations and forged signatures, according to the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

 

Since the allegations have surfaced, people across the country have engaged in anti-corruption protests.

 

Napoles has been turned over into the custody of Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas and Philippine National Police Director-General Alan Purisima for processing and booking.

 

The National Bureau of Investigation is preparing charges against Napoles, some of her staff, some elected officials, and management of some of the non-governmental organizations accused in the scheme, Justice Secretary Leila de Lima told the Sun-Star in a text message.

 

The whistleblowers won't be charged, de Lima added.

 

Reynald Lim, the brother of Napoles, is still at large. There's a 10 million Philippine pesos, or $223,940 US dollars for any information leading to his arrest. Lim is believed to have been involved in the embezzlement scheme.

#Millionpeoplemarch Photos

 

News Sources: Philippine Official Gazette and  Epoch Times

Philippines topped 4 in ASEAN for Facebook Spying, 4 Pinoys targeted by the Government – Facebook said

The Philippine Government topped 54 (4th in ASEAN) for Facebook Spying, data revealed.   Who are these lucky individuals that could be among the most notorious pinoy in the Cyber world that triggers Philippine government to asked Facebook to reveal their identity?   It could me, you or...

Monday, August 26, 2013

Philippine Government awarded $18 Million contract to a US company for SE-Asia’s first DTRA Border Security.

  Raytheon Company (RTN ) has clinched a Defense Threat Reduction Agency or DTRA contract for maritime border security in the Philippines. This marks the first border security-related contract from Southeast Asia.   Raytheon has worked with the DTRA − a U.S. Department of Defense unit for interdicting...

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Thousands of tons of goldbars and golden Budha under Ferdinand Marcos got an Order from Supreme Court of the State of Hawaii, USA

ALL CITIZEN OF THE PHILIPPINES MUST KNOW THE REAL HISTORY OF GOLD AND GOLD BARS IN THE PHILIPPINES DURING THE LATE DICTATOR FERDINAND MARCOS.PLEASE READ THE ORDER OF THE SUPREME COURT OF HAWAII, USA.IN THE SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF HAWAI`I---o0o---ROGER ROXAS and THE GOLDEN BUDHA CORPORATION,...

Pages (26)1234567 »

LEARN FOREX TRADING AND GET RICH

Investment Recommendation: Bitcoin Investments

Live trading with Bitcoin through ETORO Trading platform would allow you to grow your $100 to $1,000 Dollars or more in just a day. Just learn how to trade and enjoy the windfall of profits. Take note, Bitcoin is more expensive than Gold now.


Where to buy Bitcoins?

For Philippine customers: You could buy Bitcoin Online at Coins.ph
For outside the Philippines customers  may buy Bitcoins online at Coinbase.com